Welcome to your 98.6 sq km office
Learn what it’s like to work for the City of Burnaby and discover the benefits we offer.
Burnaby is the third-largest city in British Columbia. More than 240,000 residents call our city and its stunning surrounding environment home. Burnaby occupies 98.6 square kilometres (38 square miles) of land that includes mountains, trails, parks and lakes, and as a workplace, it offers no end of challenges and adventure.
We’re a vibrant, green, inclusive community committed to creating and sustaining the best quality of life for all and offer purposeful and rewarding career opportunities for our employees.
Who we hire
We look for candidates with top skills, knowledge and abilities. If you share our core values (Community, Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Passion), have a positive attitude and want to positively impact the future of Burnaby, we want to hear from you.
If you’re looking for a great career opportunity, look no further.
Why work here
We provide facilities and services that support a safe, connected, inclusive, healthy and dynamic community. We manage laws that affect Burnaby and are in charge of parks, roads, sewers, libraries, public safety, transportation, water systems and more.
There are many great reasons for you to join us, but most importantly you’ll be part of a team that always puts people first. In the past year, we:
We’re only able to achieve these amazing things because we have dedicated and committed employees.
What we offer
Apart from the rewards of supporting our community and working for one of Canada’s best cities, we offer for some staff:
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- Municipal Pension Plan
- sickness plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program–employees have access to certified counsellors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- vacation time starting at 3 weeks (prorated for the first year of employment)
- supplementary employment insurance benefits for maternity leave
- healthy living and work-life balance–we promote and encourage employee well-being by offering a variety of programs including, lunchtime information sessions, team events, discounted fitness classes and online health and well-being resources
- Learning and growth opportunities–we offer an extensive selection of in-class and online courses to enable employee learning and development and provide funding to support career development
- Hour-long lunch breaks with the option to enjoy a stroll through nearby Deer Lake Park
- Free parking