- Global Professional School – Ballarat, Berwick or Gippsland Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until December 2022
- Academic Level B $101,061 – $119,667 p.a. plus up superannuation
About the role
The new Federation Global Professional School is the culmination of Federation University’s rich heritage in International Education and its sector-leading approach to the management and delivery of education partnerships. The School provides a comprehensive suite of global education services and is responsible for the development and management of Federation University’s education partnerships across the globe. It incorporates a range of academic programs aligned with student and industry needs.
We have multiple opportunities to join our team, you will be asked to demonstrate your alignment to the appropriate discipline. Opportunities include:
- Level B Lecturer – Business;
- Level B Lecturer – Information and Technology; and
- Level B Lecturer – Engineering.
As our Level B Lecturer, you will develop, maintain, deliver, and review Foundation and Higher Education Diplomas programs, applying innovative learning and assessment methodologies, which reflect best practice.
- contribute to the planning, development, delivery, assessment, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the Foundation Studies program (2021 Foundation Standards) and Higher Education Diplomas programs within the Global Professional School and at international partner organisations;
- inspire, engage and educate students for the 21st century;
- implement industry best practices and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies for the education of pathway students;
- contribute to the School’s research program; and
- contribute to Global Professional School’s administrative functions.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked University in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. (Include only for Academic or Research positions)
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
Applicants must hold a master’s degree or must have completed four years of tertiary study or equivalent qualifications and have industry or relevant experience.
The successful incumbent will possess demonstrated specialist knowledge and expertise in the related discipline.
You will possess:
- demonstrated specialist knowledge and expertise in the related discipline (Business, Health, Information and Technology or Engineering);
- demonstrated ability to implement high-quality innovative teaching and learning programs in a variety of learning modes, reflecting an understanding of successful approaches to learning and teaching;
- experience in Unit/Course coordination, including the development and teaching of Units/Courses
- capacity to develop and teach courses in some combination;
- demonstrated ability to foster and promote an inclusive, customised, and safe learning environment and provide support and advice to a diverse range of learners and clients;
- demonstrated ability to participate effectively in continuous program improvement and develop high-quality teaching and informal assessment materials; and
- demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships with colleagues and generate ideas for improvements.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all Victorian-based Federation University workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday 8 May 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a resume.
To view the Position Description, please visit careers.federation.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_6dvxP8cA.