Role type: Full time; Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Arts
Department/School: School of Culture and Communication
Salary: Level B – $110,236 – $130,900 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and strongly encourages people with diverse experiences to apply. This includes First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, Deaf and hard of hearing people, people with a disability, LGBTIQ+, and neurodiverse people. If you have any accessibility requirements for the application or interview, please contact us. We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. A position description is available in alternate formats if required, including USB, Large Print, and Plain English.
The Faculty actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds and is committed to diversity and inclusion practices to achieve our vision.
About the Role
The Arts and Cultural Management program offers an academically rigorous, vocationally-oriented Master of Arts. The degree prepares students to work in various roles in the arts and creative industries, through solid theoretical and conceptual foundations, combined with a commitment to industry-relevant skills. Through the three capstone options – a thesis, a practical project, or an internship – students apply their insights and skills in a way that best suits their interests and professional needs. Our diverse and dynamic program team works together to combine our strengths to deliver excellent teaching and pursue exciting research across varying facets of the creative industries.
We are seeking a Lecturer in Arts Marketing and Management (Academic Specialist) to join the Arts and Cultural Management program and draw on a combination of professional and academic expertise to contribute to teaching, leadership and service. This role also has expectations around research and professional engagement, though the proportion expected will vary according to the appointee’s background and interest.
- Curriculum designing and innovation, including cross-disciplinary and industry-related approaches
- Subject (module) coordination and delivery
- Researching outputs including (but not limited to) peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, books, commissioned industry reports, and creative works (such as exhibitions or performances)
- Established and ongoing profile in the creative industries and active participation in the communication and dissemination of industry developments
You will bring active connections to the industry, either as a current/former arts manager or via consulting work and industry-facing research. You will demonstrate professional and collegial behavior of a very high standard as well as show the capacity to attract research grants and consultancies.
You will also have:
- A Ph.D. in Arts and Cultural Management or a related discipline, either completed or near completion
- Professional industry expertise and/or work experience related to Arts and Cultural Management, particularly related to arts marketing, arts management, stakeholder engagement, and/or related fields
- Demonstrated ability for excellence in teaching including the capacity for syllabus/curriculum design and subject (module) coordination
- Demonstrated capacity for industry-based research, including a developing publication profile related to arts management, the creative industries, and/or related topics
- Capacity to supervise postgraduate coursework degree theses
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
Applications close: 31st January 2023 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Position Description: PD – 0057868.pdf