Role type: Full-time; Continuing
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School:Melbourne Dental School
Salary: Level C – $140,433 – $161,926 p.a. plus 17% super
- Lead academic and clinical training in Periodontics, shaping dental education.
- Influence national-level research while mentoring future dental professionals.
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Lecturer in Periodontics to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of dental education and research at the Melbourne Dental School. As a Senior Lecturer, you will have the privilege of not only imparting your expertise in Periodontics but also contributing to curriculum innovation and mentoring students in their research endeavours. Our dynamic team and collaborative culture foster an environment where your leadership in scholarly activities, research, and clinical expertise will have a lasting impact on the field, and your work will be recognised at a national level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and delivery of teaching with contemporary pedagogical insights to achieve a high standard of teaching satisfaction in our entry to practice degree programs and continuing professional development (CPD) offered by the School.
- Regularly contribute and lead curriculum development, assessment and evaluation renewal and redesign in consultation with relevant academic and professional staff in the School.
- Conduct research, including the publication of high-quality scientific research outcomes and the dissemination of research results at leading international conferences.
Who We Are Looking For
You are someone who embraces innovative teaching methods, mentors research students effectively, and thrives in collaborative, diverse environments.
You will also have:
- A completed PhD in a relevant field such as Periodontics or a related discipline and a completed specialist dental qualification in Periodontics or Periodontology with the ability to register with the Dental Board of Australia through APHRA (with no current or prior notifications).
- Extensive clinical experience in Periodontics with a strong track record in research with a developing publication profile.
- Experience in clinical teaching in dentistry and demonstrated ability for excellence in clinical teaching including the capacity to initiate and develop course development and teaching materials.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Your New Team – Melbourne Dental School
The Melbourne Dental School boasts state-of-the-art facilities in three clinical and research laboratory buildings. Our research primarily targets prevention and cures for infectious, inflammatory, and immune diseases, with a focus on translational research that has a positive impact on global human health. We engage and collaborate with other research institutes, industry, and governments from across the globe, giving us significant research capacity to address significant health issues and research questions.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit –https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Tara Amini via email at [email protected], ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 27 October 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 0060199_Senior Lecturer in Periodontics_PD.pdf