School of Health and Life Sciences
Simulation Technician, Grade 4
8 Months Fixed Term
Salary Scale £24,174 – £29,614 (pro rata)
Campus – Ayr
THE POST – Simulation Technician
The School of Health and Life Sciences is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly organised Simulation Technician to provide a high level of technical support to academics and students, primarily based at Ayr Campus. This will include performing a range of operational tasks requiring specialist skills and knowledge, with special emphasis on Health and Nursing, in support of learning, teaching, and research and enterprise activity in the School.
In the role as Simulation Technician, you will assist academic colleagues to run simulation and clinical skills training involving high / low fidelity simulators. Developed interest in simulation would be desirable.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Educated to HND level in a discipline relevant to the role, or equivalent, with relevant experience in a hospital/community social care environment or experience of delivering clinical skills education in an FE or HE setting.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work with the ability to work in a team environment, supporting colleagues and sharing expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) to conduct effective relationships and the ability to interact effectively with people at different levels.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
The benefits we can offer you include:
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 27 days following completion of 5 years’ service, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
This post will be based at Emirates Arena and Lanarkshire Campus however, you may be required to work at any UWS campus or location from time to time to meet needs of the business.
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 28th June 2022 at Ayr Campus
Further information contact Katie Koniuszaniec, Senior Technician Clinical Skills and Simulation [email protected]
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from under-represented groups.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520